Friday, January 3, 2014

Sweet Child of Mine.

This mom stuff is hard! I am now heading into my third year as a mother and somedays I feel like I have learned nothing! There are days that are smooth as silk, but man, there are more that are not. I taught 3-5 year olds for 15 years and thought I would have met every possible personality. Then came CGB. She is the woman I wanted to be. Smart, strong, confident, doesn't take no for an answer, determined and never gives up with out a fight. She is clearly a NIKE commercial. But, try being her mother. Somedays, I'm exhausted by 8:30a. 

I know what I am suppose to do. I sat across from 

Next time you see a mom cut a deal with her toddler, don't judge. Maybe the child is sick, maybe they (both) had a rough nights sleep, and she is just trying to get to nap time. Maybe her husband has been out of town for a week and she is just done! Maybe she lives in a city with no family, and has no one to lean on for a break. Maybe today she just doesn't give a shit what the world thinks! I have been all of those moms. 

I've have judged enough, and last year, I just stopped. I have no idea what everyone's situation is, and for that, I will teach my child to not pass judgement. Take a walk in my shoes. Then you can judge. 
To be honest, they're a pretty nice pair of shoes. I would say my shoes would be a cross between brown leather flip-flops, a pair of BOBS (I own BOBS not TOMS) and tennis shoes (of a bright fun color). Comfy, dependable, and some-what simple. I'd walk in those shoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog